Welcome to patch 7.3 – the one where we react (mostly) to professional play. That’s not to say that everything below is for the pros, but with major competitive play in full swing across all regions, we’ve had enough time to properly react to many of the trends we’re seeing.
You are watching: 7.3 league of legends
When 2017 kicked off, we hinted at a ‘multi-patch cycle’ to get the state of the game to about the level we wanted. Improving Lethality for physical damage dealers was necessary for their viability long-term, but now that the stat’s feeling good (okay, maybe a little too good), we’re working on pulling some of the main offenders back in line. Not all of our hits in 7.3 are Lethality related – Leblanc and Camille (though certainly lethal) are getting their own tweaks for obvious reasons, with some other high-priority changes thrown in.
Going back to that ‘multi-patch’ cycle (can you tell we like that phrase), 7.4 promises some goodies for botlaners of all stripes and positions, hoping to nail the last few outliers before we look towards some larger impacting changes further down the line. No, this doesn’t mean that every marksman and support item will cost half as much and give twice the stats, but we think there’s enough to make some of the more oppressed champions feel a little happier about their place.
And that’s about it for us! From all of us here, may your escapes from many a Rengar (and voidling swarm) be successful, and we’ll see you back here for 7.4.
CamilleQ empowered damage down. W slow and E stun decreased. E attack speed only granted if a champion is hit.
IvernDaisy no longer regenerates her health and is also less tanky.
JayceHammer Q and R damage down. Hammer E mana cost up.
Kha’ZixQ ratio down. Evolved Q cooldown refund on Isolated targets down.
Readmore: Nemi Forest | Ring Run
LeBlancPassive damage reduced at early levels.
MalzaharVoidlings are slower if they stray from Malzahar and have a small delay before spawning. W has a cooldown between casts.
RengarQ dash distance down. Empowered W no longer gives CC immunity after cleansing. R duration down.
TristanaQ lasts longer.
ViMovement speed and base attack speed reduced.
VladimirBasic attacks are stronger and faster. Q deals more baseline damage; Crimson Rush bonus reduced to compensate.
ZyraPlants don’t auto-target champions on spawn if a closer enemy target exists. Q costs more mana.
Practice Tool will be rolling out region-by-region on the updated client later during patch 7.3! In the meantime, you can learn more about the Practice Tool here.
Skin Names in Scoreboard
Excuse me, 0/13 Yasuo! What skin are you wearing this game?
League Client Update
We’re continuing to focus on the updated client’s performance and stability, but that’s not stopping us from shipping some good new stuff! Read on for more info.
For questions about the ongoing client update open beta, check out open beta FAQ. You can also find solutions to most common issues in the known issues section of our support site.
A buff to the end-game screen, flappy-ass lobby banners, and news out the wazoo.
We’ve pre-loaded the vast majority of the files required to upgrade to the updated client, even for players who haven’t opted into the beta. If you want to upgrade now (maybe to try out that sweet Practice Tool), the download should be under 500 MB. If you’ve opted into the open beta previously, you’ve already downloaded these files, so you’re good to go.
- Fixed a bug preventing champ select chat from automatically scrolling down as new messages arrived
- Fixed a bug where pasting a really long URL into chat extended the chat window over the friends list
- Fixed a bug causing the main window to highlight in the task bar instead of the chat window when you received a message in pop out chat
- We made some various changes to the chat message window to make it easier to read, including adding a gradient behind active messages and adding summoner icons beside your friends’ names.
- Last patch we began allowing your conversation with your friends to follow you from the lobby into champ select (and back out if someone dodged). This message history is visible only to your party (not to new players that join in champ select). This isn’t a bug—we just don’t want you to lose track of your conversation.
Queue Health Update
What does this update mean?
Solo/Duo Queue Ranked Flex
Rotating Game Modes
The Hunt of the Blood Moon looms into rotation from 2/10/17 – 2/14/17 and 2/17/17 – 2/21/17. Sacrifice Spirits, Demon Heralds, and enemy champions to gain points and the Demon Brand buff, which turns you invisible to hunt down your enemies.
Only 20 of the most vicious champions are available for the Hunt (10 of which will be lurking in the Free to Play rotation). Look out for more information as the blood moon approaches. Happy hunting.
- Warwick no longer displaces enemy champions and epic monsters with Q – Jaws of the Beast
- Fixed a bug where, if Quinn canceled a basic attack against a target marked by Passive – Harrier and quickly attacked again afterward, Harrier didn’t deal bonus physical damage
- Fixed a bug where the active of Mikael’s Crucible’s was instantly cleansing incoming CC during the slow immunity
- Selling or Undoing the purchase of Duskblade of Drakthaar now correctly removes the Nightstalker passive
- Fixed a bug where entering stealth with Q – Ambush was causing Twitch to stop attacking when Taunted
- Gnar no longer instantly kills champions when E – Hopping from one corner of Camille’s R – The Hextech Ultimatum to another
- Minion spawns can no longer be blocked with Zz’Rot Portal
- Fixed a bug where Gangplank could critically strike structures directly after cancelling an attack on an E – Powder Keg
- Kled’s W – Violent Tendencies no longer activates when used on plants or when Kled cancels his basic attack
- Challenging Smite no longer incorrectly states that it grants vision of stealthed champions
- Clones now copy the ‘linked’ indicator VFX of Zeke’s Harbinger
- Red Brambleback no longer hits the air instead of the ground during his two-handed strike
- Fixed a bug where Azir’s E – Shifting Sands was missing on-hit particles upon killing an enemy unit
- Azir now correctly has a shadow during his death animation
- Fixed a bug where gunshot audio of various champion attacks wasn’t playing in Spectator or Replays
- Made the Mark of the Elder Dragon buff visuals more consistent on lower graphical settings
- Krug splitting audio is no longer audible through Fog of War
- Gangplank’s Q – Parrley visual effects no longer stick around for too long
- Fixed a bug on most of Kennen’s skins where the on-hit particles for his basic attack were not properly appearing
- Kha’Zix’s dance VO now loops more consistently
- Deep Sea Nami’s head fin no longer bends into her shoulder
- Made Warring Kingdom Xin Zhao’s Q – Three Talon Strike more color-blind friendly
- Fixed a bug where Elementalist Lux’sE – Lucent Singularity had no particles for its inner orb
- Removed a frame of Battle Boss Blitzcrank’s idle animation from the end of his recall animation
- Fixed a bug where Boom Boom Blitzcrank’s golden buckle was stretching severely during his death and R – Static Field animations
- Fixed a few bugs where some skins were stealing visual and audio effects from other skins of the same champion when both were in the same match together
- Champions affected by Star Guardian Lulu’s W – Whimsy now correctly display their champion name as “Blob” in the chat
- Arcade Sona’s W – Aria of Perseverance shield particles now correctly disappear when the shield is broken
- Fixed a bug where Pulsefire Ezreal’s flying animation stopped, but the audio didn’t
- SSW Talon’s W – Rake blades no longer look like Talon’s normal blades on the return trip for everyone else but him
The following skins will be released during patch 7.3:
See more: Reignover | Ring Run