- Ben as Diamondhead
- Kevin as Diamondhead
- Gwen as Diamondhead
- Ben 10,000 as Diamondhead
- Albedo as Negative Diamondhead
- Gwen 10 as Diamondhead
- Mad Ben as Mad Diamondhead
- Powers and Abilities
- Ben 10
- Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- Alien Force
- Ultimate Alien
- Future (Original)
- Future (Ultimate Alien)
- Gwen 10 (What-If?)
- Goodbye and Good Riddance (What-If?)
- Race Against Time Timeline
- Mad Ben’s Timeline
- Video Games
- Ben 10
- Ben 10: Galactic Racing
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- Ben 10: Omniverse 2
- Naming and Translations
- Cartoon Network U.K.
- Crew Statements
- Matt Wayne
- Derrick J. Wyatt
- Dwayne McDuffie
- Audio Commentary
- See Also
This article belongs to the Classic Timeline Click here to see the Reboot Timeline version of this article
“ I’ve had a lot of practice with this one. ”
You are watching: diamondhead ben 10
Diamondhead is the Omnitrix’s DNA sample of a Petrosapien from the planet Petropia.
Ben as Diamondhead
Being a silicon-based life form made of super-hard, green/blue diamond-like material,[MW 1] Diamondhead’s body is composed of durable pale green crystals. He sports four crystal shards on his back and has a sharp head.
In the original series, Diamondhead wore a uniform that was black on the right half and white on the left with a black patch on the left shoulder where the original Omnitrix symbol was.
In Back with a Vengeance, Diamondhead wore a yellow raincoat.
In Destroy All Aliens, Diamondhead looked the same as in the original series, except his eyes had jewel-like facets and his outfit had detailed textures.
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Diamondhead’s lower body, torso, and the top of his head were similar to Chromastone’s, consisting of indigo crystal which has black lines and dots over it. There were six crystal shards on his back instead of four and he also sported two more on the front of his chest. His eyes were green, and he wore the original Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest. Gwen Prime as Diamondhead shared these exact same traits.
In Heroes United, Diamondhead had crystal blades on his forearms and his crystal skin looked more realistic due to being drawn in Generator Rex‘s art style.
In Omniverse, Diamondhead has clothing that is all black with one large green stripe down the middle up to his belt, and wears black pants. He has a green belt with white stripes on which he wears the Omnitrix symbol. Diamondhead no longer bears the crystals on his chest, and the crystals on his back have also grown in length. His jaw is larger, he wears black shoes with green on the bottom, and there are now only two crystal shards on his back.
11-year-old Diamondhead looks almost the same as in the original series, but the left side of his suit is missing the black patch around the Omnitrix symbol and the crystals on his back, as well as his jaw, are bigger. His eyes are green and the Omnitrix is recolored.
Kevin as Diamondhead
Kevin’s Diamondhead looked the exact same as Ben’s did in the original series, but without a black patch on the left side of his uniform. He also lacks an Omnitrix symbol.
Gwen as Diamondhead
Gwen as Diamondhead has darker and shinier crystals, thinner arms, a more rounded body, no shards on her back, and a more square head. She wears a uniform like Ben’s Diamondhead in the original series, except it is half dark blue, half light blue. She wears the original Omnitrix symbol on the left side of her chest.
Ben 10,000 as Diamondhead
See more: Dead by Daylight Wiki | Ring Run
Ben 10,000’s Diamondhead’s diamond shards on his back were bigger, and the lower ones have disappeared. He wore a black sleeveless shirt, white pants and black boots, and the Omnitrix symbol on the center of his chest.
Albedo as Negative Diamondhead
Negative Diamondhead looked exactly like Ben’s Diamondhead in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, except his eyes and Ultimatrix symbol were recolored red.
Gwen 10 as Diamondhead
Gwen 10’s Diamondhead almost looks the same as her non-canon counterpart but is somewhat slimmer and is more bluish colored. Her eyes and original Omnitrix symbol are pink and she has a hairclip just like Gwen 10. Her outfit on the left side is different, as she now has a black patch on her left chest and a blue cat logo around her Omnitrix symbol. Similar to Gwen 10’s pants, her own come halfway up her calf, and she wears black shoes.
Mad Ben as Mad Diamondhead
Mad Ben’s Diamondhead has an almost completely black Mad Ben-style outfit with an orange belt, a small orange cross on his chest, and orange bandages on his forearms, thighs, and shins. His body is composed of pale blue crystals and like Mad Ben’s Rath, he has silver spike pads with orange spikes on his knee joints, thighs, forearms, shoulders, and feet. He lacks the rear head spike that Ben Prime’s Diamondhead has, but has a Mohawk consisting of three spikes instead. His Omnitrix is on his chest and colored orange, like his eyes.
Powers and Abilities
Diamondhead’s body is composed of extremely thick organic pale green crystals. He has the ability to manipulate the atomic structure of his physiology at will, allowing him to form his limbs into diamond weapons such as blades and bludgeons. Moreover, he can control all the crystals he generates, to the point that he can make them explode or lift them off the ground.[note 1] He can fire crystal shards sequentially out of his hands and can explode his body parts into crystalline formations, as well as make crystal constructs grow from his body, the latter of which he used to protect Gwen from a falling tree by making large crystalline spikes quickly grow on his back and then retract again. He can also create crystals immune to sound attacks.
Diamondhead can make monstrous and large clusters of crystals, conjuring walls and forming crystal shields and ramps. He can also generate crystals from the ground at a distance, can reshape his projectiles into limited shapes, and can also form gaping hands to capture enemies. He can also create different objects out of his crystals, such as an anchor on a chain, a crystal board to ride on, as well as boomerang-like throwing weapons, as demonstrated by Tetrax.
Diamondhead is capable of encasing enemies in crystals, and can create crystals inside of objects and cause them to spike out.
Diamondhead’s crystalline body resembles a living prism, allowing him to deflect and absorb most energy beams[CN 1] and render weapons similar to lasers useless by simply refracting.[pop-up 1][note 1] Similarly, rays generated by dimensional transporter devices will reflect off of Diamondhead’s body.
Diamondhead has inhuman physical abilities, enough to easily able to overpower Vilgax in a one-on-one brawl.
Diamondhead is quite strong,[MW 3] being able to drag a cage with a Gracklflint, hold open Slamworm’s mouth and break his own crystals. He can also dig very well into solid surfaces such as the floor of a building by turning his arms into sharp spikes to pierce the ground, seen when he dug up the Corrodium.
Due to the natural density of crystal, Diamondhead is extremely durable to most weaponry and physical impacts, as he withstood being punched from Galvan Prime all the way to Galvan B by Malgax. This incident also shows that Diamondhead can survive in the vacuum of space.
Diamondhead is resistant to fire and heat, such as that generated by a Pyronite, much like an ordinary diamond.
Because he is made out of organic crystals, Diamondhead is immune to aging. Therefore, he is impervious to time rays generated by a Chronosapien or a Chronian, as diamonds do not age. Ben learned this when being saved from Eon’s time rays by Ultimate Ben using Diamondhead’s powers.
Diamondhead can regenerate, but to a limited extent. He can also extend his arms, which allows him to propel himself upwards by pushing against the ground.
See more: Cult of Rakdos | Ring Run
If under the effects of a cold virus, Diamondhead is able to sneeze out tiny sharp crystals from his mouth. It is unknown if he can do this when he is not sick, however.
Despite his enhanced durability, Diamondhead’s body can crack and shatter if he’s impacted with enough force.
Diamondhead is especially weak to sonic vibrations, such as a Loboan’s sonic howls and an Evolved Sonorosian’s Sonic Disks. Either one of these scenarios can render Diamondhead unconscious.
While Diamondhead can regenerate, there is a limit to how much damage he can recover from.
Despite being fireproof, Diamondhead still feels pain against fire attacks when he is caught off-guard. Also, Diamondhead’s shard projectiles can be dissolved by an Evolved Methanosian’s fire blasts.
Diamondhead’s powers are ineffective against extremely tough opponents, such as the Great One.
Diamondhead can be easily blinded by a Lepidopterran’s slime should it get all over his face.
Diamondhead can slip on certain surfaces, such as ice generated by a Polar Manzardill, as demonstrated by Tetrax.
The two shards on his back can also leave him stuck on a wall or on other surfaces that he gets knocked into. Gwen as Diamondhead, however, lacks this weakness.
- Diamondhead first appeared in And Then There Were 10, where he defeated Vilgax’s Gigantic Drone and saved a park.
- In Hunted, Diamondhead did some training to master his powers. He was later defeated by Kraab and SixSix before being rescued by Tetrax. He then had a conversation with the latter until he reverted.
- In Secrets, Diamondhead caught some criminals and appeared briefly while he was captured. Later, Diamondhead battled Vilgax on Mt. Rushmore and was nearly defeated until the malfunctioning Omnitrix made the former switch into Ghostfreak.
- Also, Diamondhead appeared as one of the many alien templates used for Vilgax’s army in an imaginary sequence.
- In The Big Tick, Diamondhead failed to defeat the Great One.
- In Framed, Diamondhead was defeated by Kevin as Heatblast. After Kevin escaped as Stinkfly, Diamondhead fought some of Lieutenant Steel’s men until he reverted. Later, Kevin as Diamondhead battled Lieutenant Steel and Ben as Four Arms.
- In Grudge Match, Diamondhead battled Kevin 11 and one of Slix Vigma’s robots.
- In Back with a Vengeance, Diamondhead appeared four times. Firstly, Diamondhead was used by the Master Control. Secondly, he was used to find out which alien could spit the best loogie. Then, he was used to break out of Vilgax’s grip. Lastly, Diamondhead prepared to fight both Kevin 11 and Vilgax, but was sucked into the Null Void with them.
- In Midnight Madness, a hypnotized Diamondhead was used offscreen to steal the motor to an amusement park ride.
- In Ben 10,000, Diamondhead battled future Vilgax.
- In A Change of Face, Diamondhead tried to chase some criminals, but Charmcaster in Gwen’s body caught them instead.
- In Under Wraps, Diamondhead made a hole for a fence post. He later dug up some Corrodium and fought the Mummy until he reverted.
- In The Unnaturals, Diamondhead battled the Squires robots.
- In The Visitor, Diamondhead helped fix the Rust Bucket.
- In Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix, Diamondhead briefly appeared when the Omnitrix malfunctioned.
- In Perfect Day, Diamondhead defeated SixSix and Vulkanus and mended a bus’s tire for some cheerleaders in a dream.
- In Big Fat Alien Wedding, Diamondhead defeated Camille’s ex-boyfriend.
- In Ben 10 vs. the Negative 10: Part 1, Diamondhead slowed down the Rust Bucket and fought Clancy, Dr. Animo and his Mutant Bat.
- In Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens, Diamondhead appeared thrice. Firstly, Diamondhead attacked Ben in a dream. Later, Ben turned into Diamondhead to protect himself during a fall before the Omnitrix switched him into Four Arms. Finally, Diamondhead frightened Sandra and Carl, reunited with Max and Gwen and was ambushed and defeated by Retaliator.
- In Handle with Care, Diamondhead stopped some museum thieves and tried to protect the once-stolen crystal eggs at the same time, but reverted before he could catch the falling eggs, thus breaking them.
Five Years Prior to Omniverse
- In Trouble Helix, Diamondhead defeated Malware.
- In Arrested Development, Diamondhead caught a thief while unknowingly redirecting Billy Billions’ ray back at him.
- In Evil’s Encore, Diamondhead defeated several robot drones.
- In The Ballad of Mr. Baumann, Diamondhead defeated Vulkanus.
- In Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2, Diamondhead appeared after Chromastone was destroyed by Vilgax and defeated the latter.
- In Singlehanded, Diamondhead’s hand was used by Julie to fight off Sunder. Meanwhile, Diamondhead broke a bridge in the Null Void and fell off, forcing him to switch into Goop.
- In If All Else Fails, Diamondhead battled the security of the Highbreed Tree Monster. He then tried to free Max, but failed.
- In In Charm’s Way, Diamondhead fought off a mind-controlled Kevin until he reverted.
- In The Secret of Chromastone, Diamondhead was shattered by Tetrax in order to revive Sugilite. Later, Diamondhead restored Petropia with the Petropia Back-up Crystal.
- In Vendetta, Diamondhead was defeated by Ragnarok.
- In The Final Battle: Part 1, Negative Diamondhead defeated and captured Kevin and brought him to Vilgax.
- In The Final Battle: Part 2, Diamondhead was briefly used by Vilgax’s Bioids.
- In Basic Training, Diamondhead defeated Brannigan.
- In The Ultimate Sacrifice, Diamondhead battled the Sentient Ultimate Forms, but was defeated by Sentient Ultimate Echo Echo.
- In Ben 10/Generator Rex: Heroes United, Diamondhead appeared thrice. Firstly, he fought Rex Salazar before switching into Lodestar. Then, he deflected Caesar’s ray gun and drove off Alpha. Lastly, Diamondhead tried to battle Alpha again before he reverted back when Alpha copied the Ultimatrix.
- Also, Diamondhead appeared as one of the many aliens seen when Ben was explaining his story to Rex.
- In Inspector 13, Gwen as Diamondhead used her Mana to save herself and Kevin as Jetray from a fall.
- In Couples Retreat, Diamondhead fought Darkstar before switching into Humungousaur.
- In Night of the Living Nightmare, Diamondhead was seen confronting Albedo in a dream.
- In It Was Them, Diamondhead fought Slamworm.
- In Gone Fishin’, Diamondhead defeated Captain Kork.
- In Ben Again, 16-year-old Diamondhead battled Eon. Later, Diamondhead was used by 11-year-old Ben in 16-year-old Ben’s body to look at the top of a street light.
- In Rad, Diamondhead dragged a cage with a Gracklflint in it across Undertown and met Rad Dudesman.
- In A Fistful of Brains, Diamondhead was defeated by Negative Ultimate Humungousaur.
- In And Then There Was Ben, Diamondhead appeared twice. Firstly, Gwen 10 as Diamondhead was defeated by Eon. Later, Ben Prime as Diamondhead fought Vilgax.
- In Collect This, Diamondhead stopped a gas truck knocked over by Slapstrike from crashing and exploding.
- In Blukic and Driba Go to Area 51, Diamondhead battled Thunderpig.
- In Clyde Five, Diamondhead minimized the damage Clyde was causing until he reverted.
- In Stuck on You, Skurd gave Humungousaur Diamondhead’s arm and sword to fight Tyrannopede.
- In Secret of Dos Santos, Skurd put an anchor made from Diamondhead’s DNA in XLR8’s tail to stop him.
- In Third Time’s a Charm, Skurd gave Kickin Hawk Diamondhead’s arm and sword to battle a dragon Charmcaster.
- In Malgax Attacks, Skurd used Diamondhead’s shield while Blukic and Driba tried to remove him from the Omnitrix. Later, Diamondhead fought Malgax, but was defeated and punched from Galvan Prime to Galvan B. Lastly, Skurd put a shelter made from Diamondhead’s DNA on Gravattack’s head to put Max and Luhley inside as they escaped the self-destructing Chimerian Hammer.
- In The End of an Era, Skurd gave Whampire Diamondhead’s arm, sword, shield, and helmet to fight Exo-Skull.
- In A New Dawn, Diamondhead appeared for a short time when Ben was cycling through his aliens.
- In Ben 10,000, Diamondhead fought Dr. Animo twice. He later battled Vilgax before switching 10-year-old Upgrade into Cannonbolt and himself into Wildmutt.
- In Ken 10, Diamondhead fought Mot Snikrep. Later, Diamondhead was defeated by Kevin 11,000.
Future (Ultimate Alien)
- In Ben 10,000 Returns, Ultimate Ben used Diamondhead’s crystal generation to save 16-year-old Ben from Eon. He later used Diamondhead’s crystal projectiles to fight Eon.
Gwen 10 (What-If?)
- In Gwen 10, Diamondhead defeated Vilgax’s Gigantic Drone and saved a park.
Goodbye and Good Riddance (What-If?)
- In Goodbye and Good Riddance, Diamondhead battled Vilgax’s robots.
Race Against Time Timeline
- In Ben 10: Race Against Time, Diamondhead fought Eon in the school gymnasium before hiding in the girls’ changing room to avoid being seen by the other students until he reverted.
Mad Ben’s Timeline
- In It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad Ben World: Part 1, Mad Diamondhead defeated Juryrigg and Rollaway, but he accidentally freed Ben Prime and was defeated by Clockwork.
- In Barbershop Blues, Diamondhead was used to unsuccessfully avoid getting his hair cut.
- In Alien Data Files: Diamondhead, Diamondhead appeared in video footage.
Diamondhead is a playable alien in the game.
Ben 10: Galactic Racing
Diamondhead is a playable racer in the game (only on DS).
Ben 10: Omniverse
Diamondhead is a playable alien in the game (by both 11-year-old and 16-year-old Ben).
Ben 10: Omniverse 2
Diamondhead is a playable alien in the game (only on 3DS).
Naming and Translations
Language Name Origin Albanian Kokë Diamanti From kokë (head) and diamanti (diamond) Arabic رأس الماس From Raes Almas/Ras Elmas, Diamondhead Bulgarian Диамантения From Диамантен, diamond Chinese 钻石战神 From 钻石 (Zuàn Shí), diamond and 战神 (Zhàn Shén), Ares Croatian Kristalni Made of Crystal Dutch Diamandkop From diamand, diamond and kop, head French Incassable From incassable, unbreakable German Stahlschädel From Stahl, steel and Schädel, head Greek Διαμαντοκέφαλος From διαμάντι, diamond and κεφάλι, head Hebrew ראש יהלום From ראש, head and יהלום, diamond Hungarian Gyémántfej From gyémánt, diamond and fej, head Italian Diamante From diamante, diamond Japanese ダイヤモンドヘッド From ダイヤモンド (daiyamondo), diamond and ヘッド (heddo), head Korean 다이아몬드 From 다이아몬드, diamond Norwegian Hardhaus Tough Guy Polish Diamentogłowy From diament, diamond and głowa, head Portuguese (Br) Diamante From diamante, diamond Romanian Cap de Diamant From cap, head and diamant, diamond Russian Алмазный роботАлмазная головаАлмаз From алмазный, diamond and робот, robotFrom алмазная, diamond and голова, headFrom алмаз, diamond Serbian Kристални (Kristalni) From Кристални (Kristalni), the crystal one Spanish (HA) DiamanteCabeza de Diamante (Evil’s Encore)Diamondhead (The Color of Monkey) From diamante, diamondFrom diamante, diamond; and cabeza, headFrom the original English name Spanish (Spain) Diamantino From diamantino, meaning “of a diamond or related to it” or “possessing diamond-like characteristics like its hardness, its consistency, its brightness, etc.” Swedish Diamantskalle From Diamant, diamond and skalle, skull Turkish Elmas Kafa From elmas, diamond and kafa, head
- After the destruction of Petropia and prior to the resurrection of the planet and its people in The Secret of Chromastone, Diamondhead and Tetrax were the only known Petrosapiens alive.
- Diamondhead, after much more training, is the only alien other than Way Big to defeat Vilgax.
- Diamondhead is also the only alien other than Feedback to defeat Malware.
- Coincidentally, Diamondhead was used to battle Vilgax while the latter was wearing the Malware Armor, though he was defeated.
- Diamondhead makes a crystalline metallic sound every time he moves.
- Diamondhead is one of only five aliens to appear in each of the Classic series; the other four are Upchuck, Cannonbolt, Ghostfreak, and Way Big.
- Chromastone’s reformation into Diamondhead in Vengeance of Vilgax: Part 2 had nothing to do with Vilgax’s sword being covered in crystal before he killed him.[DM 1]
- Ben does not know the explanation behind Chromastone’s reformation, but Azmuth does.[DM 2]
- Had Negative Diamondhead appeared in Omniverse, he would have resembled 16-year-old Diamondhead’s appearance in said series, except his hues would have been altered[DJW 2] and his clothes would have been recolored red.[DJW 3]
- Derrick eventually drew a version of Negative Diamondhead in the Omniverse art style in 2020.[DJW 4]
- Diamondhead was initially supposed to be an additional alien, while Cannonbolt would take his place as one of the original 10 aliens.[pop-up 2]
- Diamondhead is Eric Bauza’s favorite alien.[AC 1]
- Diamondhead is not made of Taydenite and his crystals have no real value.[DJW 5][DM 3]
- It is unknown if Ben 23 has an alternate counterpart of Diamondhead in his Omnitrix.[DJW 6]
Cartoon Network U.K.
Derrick J. Wyatt
- Diamond Matter (fusion of Diamondhead and Grey Matter)
Transformations Introduced in Ben 10 Arctiguana • Blitzwolfer • Buzzshock • Cannonbolt • Diamondhead • Ditto • Eye Guy • Four Arms • Frankenstrike • Ghostfreak • Grey Matter • Heatblast • Ripjaws • Snare-oh • Spitter • Stinkfly • Upchuck • Upgrade • Way Big • Wildmutt • Wildvine • XLR8 Introduced in Alien Force Alien X • Big Chill • Brainstorm • Chromastone • Echo Echo • Goop • Humungousaur • Jetray • Lodestar • Nanomech • Rath • Spidermonkey • Swampfire Introduced in Ultimate Alien Ampfibian • Armodrillo • Chamalien • Clockwork • Eatle • Fasttrack • Juryrigg • NRG • Shocksquatch • Terraspin • Water Hazard Introduced in Omniverse Astrodactyl • Atomix • Ball Weevil • Bloxx • Bullfrag • Crashhopper • Feedback • Gravattack • Gutrot • Kickin Hawk • Mole-Stache • Pesky Dust • The Worst • Toepick • Walkatrout • Whampire Future Aliens Sandbox • Shellhead • Snakepit Ultimate Aliens Albedo • Arctiguana • Big Chill • Cannonbolt • Echo Echo • Gravattack • Humungousaur • Rath • Spidermonkey • Swampfire • Way Big • Wildmutt Fusion Aliens Atomic-X • Big Chuck • Crashocker • Diamond Matter • Fourmungousaur • Heat Jaws • Humungoopsaur • Stink Arms • Uprigg Concept Fusion Aliens Gravadactyl • XLRG Other Aliens in Official Media Antigravitesla • Bob the Blob • Cartoon Network Alien • Eon (Retconned) • Moyo • Invincible • Plantapocalypse • Portaler • Rocks • Shadowman • Squidstrictor • Stretcheleo
See more: Soul Eater | Ring Run