Whoops, looks like you’ve found an older tier list. Here’s the new tier list
Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends!
You are watching: lol tier list 7.15
This list was curated in collaboration with our analyst, Hewitt “prohibit” Benson, and our Challenger Coach, Adam “Moriarty” Isles. Unlike most tier lists, we’re publishing ours preemptively (before the patch goes live), according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
Here are the Patch 7.15 notes for reference.
The Format and Methodology Our tier list is ranked by what we believe are the best champions for climbing Solo Queue in Patch 7.15. They will be ranked as Optimal (S-tier), Great (A-tier), or Good (B-tier) by their overall climbing potential and as Intense, Hard (a new addition), Moderate, or Simple according to the difficulty of utilizing their moveset’s mechanics to the highest level.
If you’re a skillful player with the time to learn an Optimal champion with Intense mechanics, we believe you’ll be able to make great strides in climbing. If you’re a lower level player that wants to climb but has less time to learn the intricacies of a complex champion, it may be a better option to choose a Great or Good champion with Simple mechanics.
See more: JNG-90 | Ring Run
To categorize these champions, we considered factors such as buffs and nerfs, overall meta shifts, and item changes. We also looked at champion win rates from Lolalytics and considered our own in-game experiences in high-elo Solo Queue.
A quick disclaimer: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Lets get to it…
- Maokai is not just Optimal for this patch – he’s Optimal for TWO roles. The tree really does it all, he tanks, engages, peels, and clears quickly. He’s an incredibly solid and well-rounded choice for nearly all of your Solo Queue situations. Although he took a little hit to his tankiness since his changes, he’s gained other tools that have made him more flexible overall.
- The newest champion makes his debut on our list as a Great choice for climbing! Fast clear, sustain, unpredictable gank paths, and high snowball potential make him very potent for Solo Queue. He has potential to be busted with the 7.15 Shadow Assassin buffs and bugfixes so we’ll be keeping an eye on him.
- Despite nerfs to his Vorpal Spikes, Cho’gath will still be pretty absurd. He’ll be an Optimal choice for Junglers due to his awesome itemization options and ease in reaching an unstoppable critical mass. Unless he sees further nerfs or you end up facing a Kayn, we don’t see the Cho-Cho train stopping any time soon.
- Sivir is in a Great spot as a result of the buffs to her Boomerang Blade. She’ll have much better trading and pushing potential, and the meta has shifted away from her counters such as Caitlyn. Her short range won’t be as much of a problem due to the rise of frontline-heavy team comps.
- Jhin has always been a staple ADC in Solo Queue due to his safety and versatility, but the current meta climate has us ranking him as Optimal. Right now, he’s got some excellent build paths since Lethality changes have made him easier to play. Want to dump on squishy carries and snowball? Go Lethality. Do you still need to pump out DPS and kite their frontline? Go Crit.
- The revamped Coin is busted and Janna has always been a solid choice – when you combine the two, you get a disgusting 55% win rate. Climbing with her is a breeze due to her ability to play reactionary, allowing opponents to make mistakes (a very potent strategy at all levels except very top high play).
- Soraka is making her first appearance on our tier list at a whopping Optimal level! She’s another Support enjoying the shiny new Coin. The gold and mana it provides allows the banana-wielder to ramp and scale much easier than her opponents. In combination with her oppressive harass power in lane, she’s a sweet pick for this patch.
On the decline
- It seems that the combination of Bramble Vest and Fiora’s nerfs hit her harder than we previously thought. Her kit is designed to win duels, and beat tanks with her true damage – her win rate, however, has dropped to 48% in a tank meta. Since high elo mains are abandoning her, it’s hard to see a reason to keep her on the list.
- Nunu’s base stat nerfs hurt his ability to survive in the early game and get his objective snowball going every game. He’s still good but he’s not insta-lock GG good.
- Zac’s nerfs hurt his early clear speed and make him weaker to invades and early skirmishes. Although we still think Zac is going to be a force in this patch, he will definitely have clear weaknesses that enemies can exploit.
- Due to the rise of tank Junglers (like Maokai and Cho’gath) and Mid laners that outscale Leblanc in team fights (Orianna and Malzahar), Leblanc is falling from Optimal to Great. Although still very powerful, there will be matches where she may have difficulty closing out games in the team fight meta.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 7.15 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord!