- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
- Game icons
- Update history
- Gentle Plants
- Brave Plants
- Tenacious Plants
- Auxiliary plants
- American Suburbs
- Prehistoric Ages
- The Great Wall of China
- Ancient Egypt
- Pirate Seas
- Wild West
- Kongfu World
- Journey to the West
- Viking World
- Far Future
- Dark Ages
- Neon Mixtape Tour
- External links
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars
Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars (Chinese name: 植物大战僵尸: 全明星) was the second spin-off to Plants vs. Zombies 2 presented at the EA press conference of May 6, 2014. The first beta was released on July 3rd, 2014. A second beta was released on August 14th, 2014 containing additional plants and zombies, along with some gameplay changes and bug fixes.
It was the second Plants vs. Zombies game with content available exclusively in China and the third game available only to Chinese players. The player could play the game with a Gamecomb account or a guest account in-game. They could also linked the account to multiple Chinese social media platforms.
You are watching: pvz all stars
After July 11th, 2020, all of the game’s servers across all devices were officially closed, as well as the entirety of the official online data related to the game was wiped out. However, this only applied to the latest version, therefore the player can still play on Android with an older version of the game while offline. This game is the third Plants vs. Zombies game to shut down followed by Plants vs. Zombies Online which is followed by Plants vs. Zombies Adventures.
Primitive Snail Zombie sees the plants sleeping, so it calls the other zombies. Meanwhile, their leader points to the Player’s House and shouts, so all of the zombies then come closer to the plants. Suddenly, some asteroids fall down into the Earth. Venus Flytrap emerges from one of the asteroids, Ball Cactus appears from an another asteroid, and Popcorn-pult appears from a third asteroid. As the other plants become fond of these new plants, all of them attack the zombies, creating an epic battle between gardens and graveyards.
The game featured eleven worlds, six of which were already featured in Plants vs. Zombies 2, four were exclusive to All Stars and one, Player’s House, is featured in Plants vs. Zombies 2, but only in the tutorial, whereas here it is a full world.
To gain access to the next area, the player had to beat every level in the current area. Obtaining every star was not necessary. Later areas also had a level requirement that had to be met.
Readmore: Metroid Prime Theme | Ring Run
Icon Area Number of Levels Unlocks at American Suburbs (美国小镇) 15 (Old versions), 10 (New versions) Lvl. 0 Prehistoric Ages (原始部落) 20 Lvl. 5 Great Wall of China (万里长城) 25 Lvl. 10 Ancient Egypt (神秘埃及) 30 Lvl. 15 Pirate Seas (海盗湾) 30 Lvl. 20 Wild West (狂野西部) 30 Lvl. 30 Kongfu World (功夫世界) 30 Lvl. 40 Journey to the West (西游记) 30 Lvl. 50 Viking World (维京世界) 30 Lvl. 58 Far Future (未来世界) 30 Lvl. 65 Dark Ages (黑暗时代) 30 Lvl. 70 Neon Mixtape Tour (摇滚年代) 30 Lvl. 75 walkthrough (all areas)
Main article: Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars/Update history
Since it was first released, this game had been updated with new content and other tweaks. Check this article to see the update history of this game.
When the player had access to the map, they would see:
- Daily Rewards – The player could get rewards here daily. More rewards were rewarded if the player had bought the VIP content. Rewards changed every month.
- Events – All limited-time events and offers were shown here.
- Cards – This was similar to chests in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version). The player could choose between two different types of cards to open. The player needed tickets, and the cards could be opened for free 3 times a day with a 10 minute gap between each opening. The other one required gems, and could be opened for free every 48 hours.
- Leaderboard – Showed the first-ranked players’ levels and decks. The player could also get tacos here through the players every day up to 10 times a day. This method of collecting tacos could be done up to 10 times (it reset at 5:00 AM UTC +8).
- Inbox – Rewards sent to the player could be obtained here.
- Star Rewards – Similar to the star jar in Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version), the player could get rewards here once the player had got enough stars from specific world.
- Treasure Hunt – Similar to Plant Adventures, the player could send their plants on a “quest” for coins and sun. Potions, magic tacos and gems could also be obtained here once the player had obtained the required plants. The reward could be obtained at 12:00 PM UTC +8 everyday.
- Special Offer
- Backpack – The player could sell things that they did not need for some coins or sun.
- Daily Tasks – Completing missions here would reward the player with rewards and EXP.
- Plants – The player would get accessed to their Zen Garden to upgrade their plants. The player could upgrade the plants’ stars by using Puzzle Pieces and coins, plants’ levels by using sun, plants’ equipments and spirits (check Equipments) or plants’ tier with potions. A new set of task could be done at 5:00 AM UTC +8 everyday.
- Challenge – Similar to Daily Challenge, the player could choose to fight Sun-shrooms, Marigolds, all zombies in a specific world with Zombot Tomorrow-tron, or bosses from a specific world. Each battle could be fought 2 times a day and the player had to wait for 10 minutes between each time.
- Friends – The player could choose to make friends with some of the other players who were still online to get energy from them.
- Shop – The player could buy Puzzle Pieces here with gems or coins.
- PvP Mode – The player could choose to fight PvP battles with online players 5 times each day. “Auto-play” mode would be locked during battle. The player had a chance to get gems after winning the battle. There was also a shop here in this mode where the player could buy Puzzle Pieces and sun.
- Endless Mode – In this mode, the player would choose 7 of their plants to go on an endless battle. The plants chosen would be placed after accessing to the battle while other plants would be “delivered” through the conveyor-belt. The player would fight with all zombies and bosses that they have encountered through all time periods.
- Arena – The player would set up their own defenses to fight with other selected players’ decks. Each enemy the player has defeated would reward them with rewards, and every 4 players they defeats, the player would get promoted to the next league.
The player would first place their plants on the lawn. They could only plant 7 of their plants, and Tenacious plants could only be planted on the third column. The game was in RPG style, in which the plants and zombies would take turns to attack. Plants and zombies automatically attacked, and each of them had their own ability. The player lost once all plants were defeated or when a zombie reached their house. Below is a screenshot of the gameplay:
- This would show you the information about your plants during the battle.
- This was the number of drops you have received from beating zombies.
- Turbo Button
- Plant’s health bar, the plant died when this bar became empty.
- Plant’s anger bar, which showed its anger that increases when attacking or being damaged. When its anger was full, it would be able to activate its Plant Food skill.
- Zombie’s health bar, the zombie died when this bar became empty.
- List of zombie’s toughness:
- – Weak
- – Weak boss
- – Average
- – Average boss
- – Tough
- – Tough boss
- Auto-play/Auto-clear Mode – Unlocked after the player got at least 1 star, which would let the game play as the plants automatically. Once the player had obtained 3 stars, this turned into Auto-clear Mode, which automatically cleared the level with 3 stars when tapped.
- Tapping one of these would activate the Plant Food skill of the corresponding plants. They would be able to be activated once the plant’s anger was full.
- The number of waves
- The number of turns in this wave. The player had 30 turns to complete the wave. If they were not able to kill all zombies in this wave in 30 turns, they failed.
Main Article: Equipment (PvZ: AS)Main Article: Pets
Aside from increasing the plant’s base stat, the player could also use equipment to upgrade the plant’s stats, which boosted the plant’s efficiency at fighting.
The background icon represented the equipment’s power and rarity. Equipping two of the three parts of a set would give the plant an additional boost while wearing the full set would give yet another boost to it.
Main Article: Plants (PvZ: AS)
- Sunflower → Twin Sunflower → Triplet Sunflower
- Pistachio → Hazelnut → Hazelnut Ball
- Small Radish → Radish → Ginseng
- Peashooter → Repeater → Gatling Pea
- Puff-shroom → Scaredy-shroom → Fume-shroom
- Frisbee Shooter → Bloomerang → Meteor Hammer Master
- Coconut Sniper → Coconut Cannon → Coconut Rocket Launcher
- Small Pepper → Jalapeno → Devil Chili
- Blover → Four-Leaf Blover → Fan Blover
- Lizard Grass → Snapdragon → Twin-Headed Snapdragon
- Small Bush → Firmiana → Cypress
- Charm Mushroom → Hypno-shroom → Fu Ling Mushroom
- Small Peach → ringrun.com → ringrun.comh
- Energy Bean → Laser Bean → Super Bean
- Thyme Warp → Red Stinger → Firebloom Queen
- Droplet Shooter → Snow Pea → Frostbolt Shooter
- Kernel-pult → Popcorn-pult → Cob Cannon
- Cattail → Dogtail → Foxtail
- Ball Cactus → Cactus → Tree Cactus
- Lightning Reed → Magnifying Grass → Thunder God Grass
- Melon Slice Pitcher → Melon-pult → Winter Melon
- Irascible Mushroom → Doom-shroom → Doomsday Bomb Mushroom
- Daisy → Marigold → Golden Chrysanthemum
- Coffee Bean → Cream Bean → Mocha Coffee Bean
- Small Kumquat → Citron → Super Citron
- Trump Tulip → Phat Beet → MC Glory
- Magic-shroom → Witch Hazel → Pumpkin Witch
- Moonflower → Nightshade → Grimrose
- Venomous Flower → Rafflesia → Royal Rafflesia
- Apple Tosser → Apple Howitzer → Apple Mortar
- Poison Tongue Mushroom → Sepsis Mushroom → Shadow-shroom
- Passionflower Apprentice → Passionflower Researcher → Passionflower
- Wall-nut → Tall-nut → Holographic Tall-nut
- Slap Grass → Venus Flytrap → Chainsaw Flytrap
- Spikeweed → Spikerock → Diamond Spikeweed
- Cherry Bomb → Saturn Peach Bomb → Walnut Bomb
- Elderwood → Torchwood → Wispywood
- Choy Ben → Bonk Choy → Tai Choy
- Magnet-shroom → Electromagnetic Mushroom → Magneto Mushroom
- Grass Lantern → Plantern → Lighthouse Flower
- Spinnapple → Endurian → Jackfruit
- Sword Disciple → Zorrose → Sword Master
- Lily Pad
- Flower Pot
Main Article: Zombies (PvZ: AS)
- Conehead Zombie*~
- Buckethead Zombie†*~
- Flag Zombie*~
- Pole Vaulting Zombie*
- Football Zombie*~
- Ladder Zombie†*
- Treasure Yeti*~
- Jam Hsiao†
- Trucker Gargantuar
- Primitive Zombie
- Primitive Conehead Zombie
- Primitive Buckethead Zombie
- Slingshot Zombie
- Club Zombie
- Mask Zombie
- Beehive Thrower Zombie
- Bird Rider Zombie
- Primitive Snail Zombie
- Stone Carrier Gargantuar
- Mammoth Rider Zombie
The Great Wall of China
- Great Wall Zombie*
- Great Wall Conehead Zombie*
- Great Wall Buckethead Zombie*
- Great Wall Flag Zombie*
- Talisman Zombie*
- Spear Thrower Zombie
- Great Wall Soldier Zombie†*
- Broadsword Zombie
- Great Wall Catapult Zombie*
- Round Hammer Gargantuar*
- War Chariot Zombie
- Emperor Zombot*
- Mummy Zombie~
- Conehead Mummy Zombie~
- Buckethead Mummy Zombie~
- Flag Mummy Zombie~
- Explorer Zombie~
- Tomb Raiser Zombie~
- Ra Zombie~
- Pharaoh Zombie†~
- Hero Cleopatra Zombie
- Pirate Zombie~
- Conehead Pirate Zombie~
- Buckethead Pirate Zombie†~
- Flag Pirate Zombie~
- Imp Cannon†~
- Torch Kung-Fu Zombie~
- Swashbuckler Zombie~
- Seagull Zombie~
- Barrel Roller Zombie~
- Pirate Captain Zombie~
- Cowboy Zombie~
- Conehead Cowboy Zombie~
- Buckethead Cowboy Zombie†~
- Prospector Zombie~
- Pianist Zombie~
- Chicken Wrangler Zombie~
- Zombie Bull~
- Sheriff Gargantuar
- Shaman Zombie
- Conehead Kung-Fu Zombie~
- Buckethead Kung-Fu Zombie†~
- Admiral Helmet Zombie~
- Exploding Zombie~
- Gong Zombie~
- Drinking Zombie~
- Hammer Zombie~
- Qigong Zombie~
- Sword Zombie
- Kunai Zombie
- Qigong Gargantuar~
Journey to the West
- Western Zombie
- Grail-Head Zombie
- Wok-Head Zombie
- Rake Thrower Zombie
- Red Boy Imp*
- Spider Demon Imp
- Bear Mountain Lord Gargantuar
- Tua Pek Kong
- Yellow Brows Gargantuar*
- Skeleton Demon Zombie*
- Ox-Demon King Zombot*
- Viking Zombie
- Conehead Viking Zombie
- Dragon Zombie
- Horn Zombie
- Dragon Rider Imp
- Future Conehead Zombie~
- Future Buckethead Zombie~
- Future Flag Zombie~
- Disco Jetpack Zombie~
- Bug Bot Imp~
- Shield Zombie~
- Disco-tron 3000~
- Gargantuar Prime~
- Mecha-Football Zombie~
- Zombot Tomorrow-tron~
- Peasant Flag Zombie~
- Bandit Zombie~
- Knight Zombie~
- Wizard Zombie~
- Jester Zombie~
- Imp Monk Zombie~
- Imp Dragon Zombie~
- Imp Wolf~
- Wolf Zombie~
- Cavalry Zombie~
- Archmage Zombie~
- Zombie King~
- Dark Ages Gargantuar~
- Zombot Dark Dragon~
Neon Mixtape Tour
- Neon Zombie~
- Neon Conehead~
- Neon Buckethead~
- Neon Flag Zombie~
- Boombox Zombie~
- MC Zom-B~
- Punk Zombie~
- Arcade Zombie~
- Bass Zombie~
- Hair Metal Gargantuar~
- Zombot Multi-stage Masher~
A zombie with name in bold was a boss or had a boss form. A zombie marked with † had been removed from the game. A zombie marked with * was a returning zombie from Plants vs. Zombies or its chinese spin-offs. A zombie marked with ~ was a returning zombie from Plants vs. Zombies 2 or its chinese version.
Main article: Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars/Concepts
See more: Koopa Bros. | Ring Run
- When the game was paused and any zombies were in their idle animations, the animations would still play.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars had all the plants from Plants vs. Zombies, with Flower Pot having a cameo appearance.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars had all plants solely in the international version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 that are obtained from Ancient Egypt to Dark Ages, the exception being Sun Bean.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars is the second game where Sunflower had offensive capabilities, with the first being Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars was the first, and currently only, game to have an evolution system.
- Before the 2.3 update in Plants vs. Zombies 2, all the plants that were not in the sequel were given their own redesign as they were not designed yet in the sequel and the plants that already existed had the same design in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- After the 2.3 update, more plants from Plants vs. Zombies were added to the game, though they did not look like in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- For an unknown reason, Grave Buster had both its Plants vs. Zombies and Plants vs. Zombies 2 designs in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars was the first game where plants could fight other plants.
- Some plants in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars were supposed to appear in the original Plants vs. Zombies.
- The Cuke and the Lawn Mower had appeared in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars as Power Ups, but were removed in an unknown update.
- Since the 1.0.80 update, the gameplay was remodeled, similarly to the 1.7 update of Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Every world in the game used the Ancient Egypt tombstones.
- Facebook fanpage
- The Official Website (Archived)